Sunday 23 January 2011

Marionette

Hi Blogworld

Just thought I'd update with that promised "Marionette" teaser poster and a short synopsis are below:

"Jack Ridley is a smart man, a scientist to be precise and he has just lost his wife Claire in a car accident. Unable to come to terms with the loss he decides that he will cheat death and recreate his wife using the skills of his craft. However his creation is not his wife no matter how much Jack wishes it to be. The new Claire has plans of her own."

 I hope everyone can pick up on the steampunk-esque/sci-fi that I was going for in the poster. My overall hopes for the film are that it challenges me, "Amicus" was the biggest film I've ever made and this is bigger, much bigger! Both in idea and production, "Amicus" was made for about £350, with "Marionette" I'm pushing the budget to somewhere between £600-£800, firstly because I will need special effects, make-up and some pretty awesome props and secondly because I'm looking into shooting some footage on Super 8/16mm and a few other cameras. I think it's gonna be a real fun final semester, the script is slowly taking form, the initial plot is laid out and I'm researching the hell out of anything and everything that might be in the film or that influenced the film.

Anyway that's enough about "Marionette". The "Amicus" screening in Nantwich this Thursday is still go for launch, I think both Len and Clementine will be attending so it will be great to get their feedback on the film and will be a really great end to a fantastic production. Finally to all the film-makers or wannabe film-makers reading this blog I cant recommend enough the "SMoviemakers" Podcast (http://smodcast.com/smoviemakers/) its an hour long(ish) podcast basically interviewing filmmakers like Richard Kelly, the director of Donnie Darko, and Edgar Wright, the director of Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz etc. The podcasts really go into the making of the directors films, the highs and lows, and are really informative and show that even the best directors can mess up and make mistakes. Another good podcast on the Smodcast network is the Red State podcast which is kinda the same for Kevin Smiths new film "Red State" (http://smodcast.com/redstate/). Right I'm gonna grab some food and have a film binge!

Cheers
Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment