Wednesday 11 August 2010

My Perfect Short

Hello Bloggers

Not much  has been going on filmwise for me for the past week as I have been enjoying my first week at my new job and earning some moolah to fund future films. However I did manage to pick up the 10th anniversary edition of Kevin Smith's Clerks, I've seen the film before but couldnt turn down the £6 price. What interested me more than the film, which is excellent, was the making of/behind the scene/look back feature "The Snowball Effect" on the third disc. This showed how Kevin Smith managed to make a hit film on a budget of under $30,000 and how the film became this massive indie cult flick and it was interesting to see how the managed to pull it off, at one stage editing in a video rental shop.



Having watched the documentary I set about looking for grants and bursaries for my future collab with Adam Georgiou and we have decided that we are going to apply for a grant from Screen West Midlands as we want to make the film as good as possible and this would be a massive financial help.  We have arranged a meet up to discuss some intial ideas and work out a basic script in the next few weeks so it seem the ball has begun to roll and I am pretty much the most excited I've ever been about making a film. I really want to plan this out so it can be my perfect short! Anyway I've got to go binge on some Battlesstar Galatica before I hit the hay as I have more work tomorrow :P

Peace!

P.S. I have only managed to slice my thumb off once but its been an enjoyable first week.

No comments:

Post a Comment